Saturday, March 15, 2008

Getting Organized

On my family blog, I have a feature called the Dish of the Week- a yummy recipe I want to share with friends and family, and more often than not, it is gluten free. In an effort to get more organized and prepare healthier and tastier meals, I wanted to start a blog featuring my weekly meal menus and favorite weekly recipes. I am excited to have a simple resource for myself- and maybe others- to have an answer when my family asks " Hey, what's for dinner?" I also think it would be great to have a few months of recipes recorded to ensure I don't get into a rut of making the same handful of dishes week after week. My girls are super picky, and if I don't offer a variety of dishes, I noticed their pickiness gets even worse. Not a good thing.

I have also found in the past I waste less food when my menu plan is organized. Our fresh produce and meat is eaten at it's peak, instead of ending up in the trash. There is nothing worse than cleaning out my fridge and realizing I never even opened the overwrap of a head of lettuce, or realizing my peppers are too soft to eat. I hate wasting resources and money.

It will also chronicle my efforts to blend a gluten free and gluten consuming kitchen. At this point I still won't make my family eat everything gluten free. They love Papa Johns pizza too much!

So stay tuned, we'll see what's cooking for the next week.

No comments: